Had a spirited debate about the drive time of the Tesla Model S.
Force needed to accelerate a Model S from 0 to the maximum speed of 190 km/h (120 mph) = 9272 N
Energy needed for this acceleration = 2.9364 x 10^6 J
drag force on Model S for cruising at the maximum speed = 1134 N or 255 lbs.
power needed to maintain maximum speed cruising = 59.85 kW
1.02% of not entirely full battery capacity used in maximum acceleration from dead start
Take 1 acceleration from 0 and cruising at maximum speed. Drive time = 80 minutes
or cruise at 100 mph, 161 km/h, or 44.7 m/s. Drive time = 2.2 hrs.
- quantumgravity-2 reblogged this from ernestyalumni
- veriolette reblogged this from ernestyalumni
- kdeanhoward likes this
- evstories reblogged this from teslamodels and added:
- thesandysparrowhawk likes this
- teslamodels reblogged this from ernestyalumni
- saymtfmtfmtf reblogged this from ernestyalumni
- in-tangible-infinity likes this
- ernestyalumni posted this